Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nov 11

The university is closed today for remembrance day. The buses and halls are practically empty but that doesn't necessarily mean that my lab is empty. In fact, it just feels like another day in the lab. My brother and I both woke up at 7 and left the house at 8, but for completely different reasons. He serves in the canadian Forces and so he has to be in a Remembrance Day ceremony. I had to go to my lab because I was expecting a participant and I have a meeting there later on in the day. You know you've been integrated into my lab when you actually don't mind, if not prefer, working there on holidays, weekends and even in the wee hours of the morning. My participant today was scheduled for 10am, but I always prefer getting to the lab an hour early to settle in and set up. The guy today has already stood me up last week and so i called him last night to make sure he's coming. Unfortunately, I got stood up again. I was pretty upset because he promised he'll be here. He didn't call until 3:00pm to tell us he can't make it. Thanks buddy... You could've called 5 hours ago. I worked on my stats homework for a while but my brain just isn't working with me and so I just constructed the F-ratios, did some power calculations, ran my data through SPSS  and left it at that.

One of the other research assistants came in later and told me about a shoe sample sale and so I decided to check it out as I'm leaving campus. Half a warehouse full of size 6 shoes!! I was in shoe heaven. My normally heavy bag became light in comparison to the basket of shoes I was carrying. I had to empty it out several times but still ended up having two full baskets by the time my boyfriend came to get me. He took one look at my baskets and said, "honey, you realize you'll have to narrow it down right?" I ended up buying 2 pairs of super cute flats and a pair of heels, BUT THERE IS MORE! The shoe sale was buy 1 get one free!! So, I ended up getting 6 pairs of shoes, a pair of flip flops for next summer, 4 pairs of flats and a pair of heels. I had some Buyer's remorse afterwards but it was well worth my money.


It took me a long time to post this one because I actually wrote half of it on the way to the shoe sale and completely left my mind once I stepped into the warehouse, but there you have it. My Remembrance Day in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment