Friday, May 17, 2013

Unlucky

Sometimes, we have really bad days... bad weeks... and it feels like nothing is going right no matter how hard you try. 

Yup. That's me right now. 

I think I've hit the bottom in terms of how bad things can go this time around. 

This is my first semester without a UPass (special bus fare used by university students). This morning, I remembered that I am out of bus tickets, and so I went to 7/11 to purchase a new booklet of bus tickets. On my way home from school, I forgot to validate a bus ticket on the way down to the skytrain station from school (I usually enter from the back door of the bus with my UPass when it picks students up from campus). So as I was walking up the stairs to the skytrain platform, I remembered that I haven't validated a bus ticket yet. So I booked it back down to the machines to validate my ticket and as a result missed my train. I remember looking at my ticket, expiry time 6:00P, before putting it into my pocket.  When I finally got on to my train, I sat down and got all lost in my thoughts. It's been a terrible couple of weeks, and I was emotionally and physically drained. I was on my edge. So the train ride home, I was starting to feel better and that things are starting to look up. By the time I got back to Royal Oak Station, I was feeling good, finally. When I saw the cops in the stairwell checking validated tickets, I thought to myself, "Thank God, I went back down the stairs when I remembered that I needed to validate my ticket!!" I reached into my pocket, and my ticket wasn't there. I frantically searched every pocket on me, in my bag, etc. for my ticket but it was nowhere to be found. Cops were making jokes about how at the very least I got to meet the cop who was about to write me a ticket. How could they be so cruel to tease me, and say shit like "at least you get to meet this guy over here" and "oh, your last name is Law, you can't break the law" well FUCK YOU. Why can't people be more considerate, you guys are about to give me a ticket even though I didn't do anything wrong, and I'm standing there freaking out about finding my bus fare. So I kinda lost it, crumpled down on the floor at the skytrain station and bawled. 

Of ALL days. UGH!




1 comment:

  1. Precisely why I had my epiphany:

    Wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon…

    ReplyDelete