Friday, November 23, 2012

ABCT 2012: Washington, DC - Pt. 2

I'm terrible at blogging! I should set up my schedule to have blogging hour out something.

Anyways, the rest of ABCT...

Friday wasn't too great, the POI that my PI was going to introduce me to couldn't make the conference. I was thoroughly disappointed. The whole grad school application process has already drained the self-confidence I had, so with the conference being as overwhelming as it is (with all the awesome research and researchers) my self-esteem was destroyed and I was defeated. Fortunately, the grad students a d other RAs in my lab were there to support me and comfort me!

Once you hit rock bottom, the only direction left to go is up.

Saturday was good in that I went to some interesting talks and poster sessions. I got to talk to students of a couple POIs I'm applying to work with. My own poster presentations went well and we had an amazing lab dinner where my PI and previous grad student mentor talked about my project which reassured me that I might not be as hopeless as I've been thinking for the past few months.

Sunday was amazing in that I had a great conversation with one of the grad students of the POI who I really really want to work with. Then an epic night in DC and then home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment