Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I live in PERL

I woke up at 7:30am and made my way to SFU yesterday morning. I don't know if I should feel happy or sad that I was the only person on the 145 bus heading up to school. Who goes to school at 9:30 in the morning four days after Christmas? I do. Our lab is running a new treatment study, and I'm one of the people in charge of training our research assistants how to run participants through one portion of the study. So I went in early yesterday to be trained myself. I love being the first person in the lab. Everything is quiet and I usually set my things down and just head over to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. When I used to work Sunday mornings by myself, I actually take the water boiling machine from the kitchen so I don't have to leave the observation room. I actually don't need to be in the lab as much anymore because a large portion of my work can be taken home and now that I've learned about accessing our lab file space through FTP things are even more convenient! However, I do feel most productive during those early mornings in the lab with my cup of tea.

I'm starting a new job, by the way. I'm getting trained to be an ABA therapist or Behavioral Interventionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment